If there’s one place I most appreciate shimmer and shine, it’s the cheeks. And while I typically gravitate towards satin textures and subtle glow, some days I just want shimmer. When the mood strikes, I’ll often reach for the NYX Tango with Bronzing Stix. These stick-style creams impart high shine that work as blush and illuminator in one. I’ve had these for over a year and love them. I noticed they were no longer available on NYX’s website, so I wanted to post about them while they’re still available elsewhere.
OK, how gorgeous are these colors? I just think they’re SO pretty. I have two of the four shades: Merengue Flush and Bronzy Lambada.
- Merengue Flush: a warm peachy pink with tons and tons of gold shimmer
- Bronzy Lambada: an orange-y copper with gold shimmer
These are creams, but they’re not too creamy. They have somewhat of a waxy feel, which gives them a boost in staying power.
Even though NYX calls these Bronzing Stix, they aren’t really what I’d call bronzers. Bronzy Lambada and the two shades I don’t own are all variations on gold and bronze-tones, so they can add an overall warmth to your look. But they work best when applied as blushes and highlighters, as opposed to typical bronzer application.
NYX Bronzing Stix Ingredients
Caprylic/Capric Triglyceride, Propylene glycol dicaprylate/dicaprate, Hydrogenated Castor Oil, Microcrystalline Wax, Ozokerite, Simmondsia Chinesis (Jojoba) Seed Oil, Tocopheryl Acetate, Beeswax, Methylparaben, Propylparaben. MAY CONTAIN: Mica (CI77019), Titanium dioxide (CI77891), D&C Red 7 (CI15850), Iron Oxide Yellow (CI77492), Iron Oxide Red (CI77491), Iron Oxide Black (CI77499).
- Where to Buy: This isn’t sold on NYX’s website anymore, but still available from Cherry Culture and Urban Outfitters.
- Price: $8.00; currently on sale for $7.00 at Cherry Culture
- Availability: Cherry Culture ships worldwide
- Animal Testing Policy: NYX is cruelty-free and PETA-approved. On 11/14/12, PETA recognized NYX’s refusal to sell in China by awarding them their Courage in Commerce award.