I’ve watched Makeup Geek on Youtube for years. Marlena’s achievements are seriously inspiring and I was really excited to try out and support the MUG line. Plus, I’d read the many raves about MUG eyeshadows, so I knew they were going to be good.
I ordered four shades – all neutrals (shocking, I know).
- Vanilla Bean: light beige with subtle shimmer
- Beaches & Cream: matte pinky-peach beige
- Peach Smoothie: matte light orange-beige
- Purely Naked: light brown with shimmer
They are silky smooth and pigmented. The colors are great for blending and everyday. I got them in pan-form, but they are sold in compacts as well. They’ll work with any empty magnetic palette like Z palettes and Coastal Scents palettes (which is what I have mine in). They don’t work in my UNII palette (without adding an additional magnet), but my UNII palettes are the old version – I think the new palette should work with these. I think the old UNII palettes are the same as empty MAC palettes, so I suspect you’ll need to add a magnet if you want to store them that way.
The quote on the packaging says: “As Makeup Geeks, we stay true to who we are. Cosmetics are not used to changed ourselves, but to enhance the exquisite and unique people that we are. To be a Makeup Geek means to be a reflection of our inner beauty.”
L-R: Vanilla Bean, Beaches & Cream
L-R: Beaches & Cream, Peach Smoothie
L-R: Peach Smoothie, Purely Naked
L-R: Purely Naked, Peach Smoothie, Beaches & Cream, Vanilla Bean
- Price: $5.99 for pans, $7.99 for compacts
- Where to Buy: Online at the Makeup Geek Store
- Availability: Ships worldwide
- Shipping Cost: $3-4 for US orders, additional $1-2 dollars for international
- Animal Testing Policy: MUG is cruelty-free
Have you tried any MUG products?